The NEWEST of our Vanagons is now over 26 years old and most likely riding on suspension components that have seen tens if not hundreds of thousands of miles. While our vans were consistently praised as the best handling van on the road when they were introduced, time and wear degrade the rubber bushings that provide support and dampen the ride. As a result, navigating a twisting mountain pass or a rough dirt road can be like trying to ride a pogo stick with a worn out spring.
Replacing your suspension bushings is one of the most noticeable driving improvements you can make to your van. Safety, reliability, control.
Powerflex urethane bushings provide massive improvements in performance, longevity and predictable handling. Stiffer than the original rubber bushings, you'll immediately notice the increase in response and control. Braking will feel more assured and predictable. Your van will be far less inclined to act like it's on autopilot when driving rutted or grooved roads. Powerflex has such confidence in the integrity of their bushings that they offer a lifetime warranty on their composition and construction.
- One part number includes both driver and passenger suspension bushings as noted at the end of each part number (x2, x4, etc.)
- Please confirm anti-roll bar diameter before ordering any anti-roll bar bushings
- PFF85-1005-21 is for earlier vehicles only (1980-1985)
- PFR85-1015 Gearbox Mount fits all gas models except automatic and 2.1 gas engines
- PFR85-1016 Gearbox Mount fits all diesel models, all automatic, and 2.1 gas engines; does NOT fit Syncro models
- PFF85-1007 is for 2WD models
- PFF85-1009 is for Syncro 4WD models
- PFR85-1020 KIT3 fits the front diff mounts on Syncro 4WD models